Monday, January 16, 2012

We Just Met Today


Well to catch people up I left Mike’s apartment last night and took a bus to Jerusalem to stay with my other friend who’s name also happens to be Michael. I met a man originally from the spanish speaking part of Morocco and he helped me find the light rail station to my friends place it was really cool. I woke up had some chai tea and was off to the hostel to meet up for the orientation. There are like 9 people, 3 of us are going to the desert eco building, 4 to a wildlife reserve, 1 to a hostel in Nazareth, and 1 is staying at the hostel here. Its all young people around the same age from Sweden, Germany, USA, and Honduras.
We all took a free walking tour of the old city which was nice except for the fact that it was really cold and windy. After that we chilled then got dinner together. We all met up in the common room later and participated in the pub quiz trivia as team. Everyone put in 5 shekels and there at least ten teams total but somehow we won haha! We got like 25 shekels each which isn’t a lot but its nice. Tomorrow is the day we head to our projects so should be exciting. I probably won’t have internet access all the time so thats the reason if I don’t respond to some sort of message or email right away.
On a totally different subject. I have been in Israel 5 and a half months....damn thats a long time! I’m going to spend two more months here so it will be close to seven when I’m done and my visa is good till April 5th. Today when I was with people who have never been to Israel before and are seeing these cool sites for the first time it reminds me how cool it was for me and why I like it here. I like the fact that there are some many kinds of places in terms of climate and some many types of people. Also when I was at dinner the other night with my friends I looked around and realized that I was with people from France, Russia, Venezuela, Argentina, Colombia, and Israel. And that its almost impossible to have something like this in another country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment