Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 1 in Tzukim



Well I don’t know when I will post these because the internet but i will try to write all the time.
Today I woke up showered got breakfast and walked with all my stuff to the bus station with the other volunteers. It sucked because they are redoing the sidewalk and I had to drag my suitcase over some gravel and such.
We got on our bus and it was like a 2 and a half hour ride from Jerusalem. We got dropped off at a bus stop that was pretty much the middle of nowhere. An american volunteer Matt came and picked us up and it was only like a 5 minute drive or less to the location. He showed us around and we met the owners and few other people. The scenery is gorgeous and I can’t wait to explore and hike around. The huts the guests stay in are pretty nice in my opinion especially compared to our little bedouin style huts but I have more room to myself here than in Maagan Michael. Matt had his last day today but there is Nina from Czech Republic and Uri from Israel also volunteering. They are both cool and interesting people. We hung out and watched Matt make food in this cast iron pot thing over hot coals. Our hangout area where we prepare our own food seems super cool and almost like a cabin atmosphere. You can see so many stars at night, its remarkable and completely mesmerizing. I tried the beer that a guy brews in the small town right next to us like a 10 minute walk away.I interacted with my first guest tonight, they seemed nice. Tomorrow is the first real day so i will have more to say after. I feel like its gonna be cold here during my time so we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment