Monday, January 23, 2012

I don't know but I've been told, the Desert Lodge is very cold


Well today after being awoken by the rooster i got up and was pleasantly surprised by the not so cold weather. Today I helped replace the compost toilets in the huts. you have to lift up a plywood door at ground level to reveal a crawlspace that at the end has a black bucket you have to pull out. Not the most pleasant work but not as bad as it sounds either. After our lunch I mixed mud for a curved bench we our making for a firepit area outside the common area for guests. We had to pickaxe some dirt to level an area for it and then arrange hay-bales in the right shape then put stones underneath each one. Then after the girls took the mud me and Uri were making and started to put it over the hay-bales. They almost finished and tomorrow we will use a new shipment of mud we got tonight. 
While I was working today there was a spot in one of the huts the had the final layer scratched away and I went to just touch it and there was a gecko hiding there and it was so cool. I captured it and after looking at his cool feet and showing people put him in a better spot. I guess today the animals were coming to me because when I took a little desert walk after work I saw a rabbit and before i could pull out my camera he was gone but nevertheless it was really cool. 
I got the internet to work on my computer using a usb stick thingy that belongs to Uri so thats cool i will only use it when i need to. Waleska made crepes tonight somehow and they were awesome despite me doubting her ability with our little kitchen. 
Now I am able to upload photos and such so i will take more and i will put them up. Tomorrow is another day of work but after I plan to hike up to the top of one of the rock formations that i found a path for today so thats the plan goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment