Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thats enough rocks


Well yesterday I pretty much just mixed mud in a cement mixer all day then just hung out in our common room so it wasn’t anything exciting except I think I finally have a hang on making the mud. We finished the layer on the new firepit bench and it looks really nice I should take pictures. 
Today me and Nina organized rocks on the bottom of the huts to hide the concrete blocks from the foundation. That was pretty boring but what are you gonna do. Later I helped Uri staple nylon plastic to Yoga area of the Han. After that me Uri and Yair made some mud bricks and that was that for work.
After work I showered then headed out on my hike to the top of the rock formation I was close to a few days ago. It took me about an hour and a half to get the top but I did it. There is a much easier way then I went but I’m not sure where to start. Its nice to be alone in the desert and also a bit scary to be surrounded by these big formations. I came back and then we prepared dinner for everyone. 
Right now we are just chillin and I’m thinking about making something sweet for myself and the girls want to make cookies but I don’t think that will happen.
So far I think its really interesting to be volunteering here. The owners are basically in the first few years of starting this business and we are helping it get started and make it more and more inviting. Its a pretty good deal for them to just have to supply shelter and food and get free work for their lodge. Its also nice for us because we get lots of spare time to hang out, talk, think, hike, and do whatever which leaves a lot of time doing nothing and going to bed at like 9.
Rinat and Yair’s dog Sassy is super nice and friendly and will play with anybody.
I have to clean/organize our living area today so I guess I will do that now...Shout out to Elizabeths’s Mom, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment