Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Week





Well I finished my first full week of work and class. Sunday through Thursday 7-4 basically. Morning class wasn’t so bad. Its cold in class sometimes so i will actually wear my sweater which makes me feel weird but I’m not the only one who does so its not that bad. I feel like I have learned a lot but there is still so much to learn. Sometimes the class goes a little slow because of some people whose first language isn’t English. She speaks Spanish but we have a few Brazilians who have trouble sometimes. They gave everyone these big 2-ring binders and they kinda suck in my opinion. I went to the store here and got a different binder some paper clips another notebook and a pack that had 4 pens a pencil and an eraser. Work at Plasson is as tedious as ever. Its not bad now that I’m getting the hang of it but its the work no one else wants to do. This week I only have to work 2 days instead of 5. The catch is I work Saturday and Sunday night 10pm-6am. I have class at 1pm so I will be able to get to sleep after work but its gonna be a rough two days I think. While at work one of the employees asked my name and where I’m from. When I said Minnesota the first thing he mentioned was the show How I Met Your Mother. I actually wasn’t too surprised because since I have been here people from like every country have talked about how they like that show. I haven’t seen that much of it myself but it has international appeal like you would not believe. There are people from 28 countries I think which is a fact I have just been wanting to mention. The rooms here are organized in pairs of sorts. Today I slept in a bit then got up, organized and rewrote my notes in my new notebook in a much more organized fashioned. It took like 4 hours but I was trying to kill time before dinner at 6:30. The weekends are very low key here so far in the Ulpan area which is nice after a busy week. Well I went to the pub last night and it was fine very relaxed but some girl with heels stepped on my foot for what felt like forever and it hurt and it was fine after a bit but I woke up this morning and its kinda bruised which is pretty lame. I got up went to the store to get some energy drinks for my late shifts the next two days. Lunch is pretty soon and then I think I will try to sleep as much as I can during the day today but we will see how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures!!!!! You need to post some pictures with YOU in them! I wanna see you!

    ReplyDelete