Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day One

Well today was my first day of work and study. Every week you alternate from working/studying in the morning and doing the other in the evening. So this morning I had to get up at like 5:30 so i could be at the office at six to meet the guy from the plastic factory. The factory is called Plasson. They make plastic fittings and other things that they sell mostly in Europe. I will get a separate ID card to let me get in the gate and clock in. Today we basically just got a tour and saw some things. We will work 6-11:45 on morning weeks and 11:45-4 on afternoon weeks and we never work on fridays usually but most other jobs do. He gave us tomorrow off so Sunday is actually the first day I work so I will know more then for sure. I was done with that and I had time to kill before lunch so I went back to my room and just relaxed a bit. After lunch I had my first class at 1. It went pretty good there will be a lot of class participation. Class was like 1-5 with a few 10-15 min breaks. After that we had a little rules meeting about the ulpan in general. Then dinner and a few people went to the little coffee shop they have here after to hang out and that was pretty cool. A lot of people gather at the benches outside the pub at night and hangout. A lot of people smoke here like a lot a lot which is kinda makes sense because a lot of Israelis smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment