Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Travel Days

7/25/2011
My first of what I hope will be many entries. I had to switch my first flight from JFK to Newark. After getting settled on the plan next to two other standby passengers and some small talk the overhead tells us we have a one and a half hour delay. So everyone got off the plane and now I’m sitting outside the gate trying to pass time. A bumpy start so far but nothing too bad. My bag was 51 pounds but i didn't have to pay a fee or anything so thats good. I think after the delay, flight, then shuttle to JFK I should be there by like 3 for my 7:25 flight so no worries really now I just wait...
7/26/2011














Well after the delay, my flight, then the shuttle I was there by like 6:20pm about 15 mins later and I would not have made my flight. I was kinda freaking out and my shuttle to JFK was awful. It was like a nine person van it was raining and rush hour in New York all combined to create a subpar experience. And then I had to wait for everyone else to board the plane before I could even get my seat assignment. Once I got my seat assignment and went through security again I realized that I was in Business Elite first class (after walking to the back of the plane and back to the front again). First class is very very nice. I took some pictures of the food and the whole space in general. the flight seemed to go by quick. I ate dinner then fell asleep watching the movie “Paul” which I thought was ok for what I saw of it. After landing and getting grilled by a lady before I even got to passport control I waited for my luggage. I wasn’t 100% sure that it was gonna be there but it was and that was a lot stress off my shoulders. Then I exchanged a little money. There was a 50 dollar bill I think the lady thought was fake and couldn’t exchange. Then i charged my computer and waited to be picked up by my friend Shay’s family. They don’t live super close to the airport so it was awesome of them to come get me. I’m at their place which is in Be’er Sheva. I inquired about what day I am allowed to arrive at the kibbutz so we will see how long I stay here before I go there. 

1 comment:

  1. Have the GRANDEST of adventures! We love you! Mom & Dad!

    ReplyDelete