Friday, September 9, 2011

Ulpaning At Your Own Risk


Well its been a while since I have blogged. I guess I just got in a routine and the days just pasted by. Since the last time I wrote I have been to this nearby mall twice. Its in this cool town called Or Akiva thats pretty close. Its a very small town but the mall is nice. Everyone once and awhile its nice to get off the kibbutz. We usually get a ride from a kibbutznik or someone there and take the bus back. When we came back last night apparently some parts of the kibbutz lost power but it really didn’t affect us. Me and Ziv from North Carolina are doing a fantasy hockey team with his friends back home which is pretty exciting. We had to change the draft date cause it fell on Erev Rosh Hashanah for us. At some point I plan on taking a trip up to Metula way up north and go ice skating. Once I get the logistics figured out I will make it happen.The people in the room across rom us work in the fish ponds and such and the other day brought back two turtles in a bucket full of water. It was a weird thing and the people at the Ulpan office were not amused when they saw and I think they put them back or something. Today only has two meals, a brunch from 9-12 and dinner at regular time so after this i will go to brunch and probably get the salad bar like i usually do because its the bang for your buck option let me tell you what. We started doing the past tense in Hebrew and I think I’m getting it. Tomorrow I will spend a good amount of time organizing my notes and studying and such. Apparently one of my friends from Taglit is in Tel-Aviv on a program so at some point I will probably meet up with him. If anybody wants to skype just let me know I usually have time at night here but the weekends probably work best for you guys because of the time difference. Our next trip is to Jerusalem in two weeks or so. Football season is starting I will follow the Queens as best I can from over here along with the Wild who I have higher hopes for. Well I’m about shower and go to eat! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Or_Akiva

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading your posts!!! Need pictures with you in them!!

    ReplyDelete