Friday, February 3, 2012

We need to improve this fireplace


Well its been a workweek since I blogged I think. Well we finished the final layer inside the art room I think we might have to do one wall over again but that was like the first one we did so not a big deal. We just got a new volunteer from Russia her name is Anya and she lives/works in Turkey. She is very quiet but its kinda hard to break into a tight group of 5 people who have been together for weeks already. 
The other days this week we tried to put 250 meters of electrical cable through a pipe in the ground. We weren’t successful so we called in the Bedouins with the tractor and they came the next two days to help with that and just move around earth to help with a fence we built today. This fence we built took about a weeks worth of work in terms of collecting rocks in the truck throwing them out of the truck then going to get more rocks and before that me and Uri moved 92 hay bales just me and him with wheel barrows. And finally today we made a bed of rocks for the bales and stacked the bales 3 high on the rocks with windows in the second one. We finished putting the first layer of mud on the fence today after like 4 hours of work its not totally straight but its only the first layer so apparently we can fix.
Today is friday so we ate dinner in the Han. Whenever we eat there we eat this really good chicken and rice dish they make in these things called Poyke Pots. Its nice to not have to prepare a meal once a week and know what you will have will for sure be good. I have been eating like 2 oranges a day but I am running out of the good ones so I don’t know what to do.
Now its just chill by the fire time and today I made a pretty good one. Tomorrow we will go on a hike in this area and we are going to some place to look for shark teeth left over from millions when there was a sea here. Well its a simple life here and we have a lot of time to think and relax and if it was just a little bit warmer it would be perfect.
Well I guess its my birthday in less than a week so should be a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment