Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day


Well its been a while since I blogged which is bad cuz i don’t remember things  as well as the day the happened but i will try to catch up. Well It was the last week of three volunteers last week. We had some cool guests that invited us to eat two nights in a row and the second was a nice BBQ. Well it was my birthday about a week ago and i was surprised when i walked into the kitchen that morning and there were balloons and a sign on the table that said happy birthday. That night we made schnitzel and i got lots of bamba and pesekzman. Then Rinat and Yair brought me a big frozen yogurt and like 10 little containers with toppings to put on it. It was a pretty good relaxed birthday. 
I went to Tel Aviv with all the girls and we stayed at Momo’s Hostel two nights. It was kinda a strange place to be honest but it did the job I guess. We went to the Shuk Ha Carmel Market and the Nahalat Binyamin artists market during the day and at night we went out to eat and met up with Sam and Ashley. After dinner went to the English Pub and met up with a whole bunch of people from the Ulpan and Sacha and Adina who we saw earlier in the day at the market. We then went to “MyBar” where one of our friends works at the door so it was a nice chill time and then at about 2ish we went home to sleep which was a bit early but after being used to going to sleep at like 9 its real late. The next night we ate at Moses Burger. After Dinner I went back to “MyBar” because it was real close to the hostel and hung out there for a bit before going back to the hostel. On sunday I went to the post office to pick up something and went right by the United States Embassy and the Eagle on the building is quite large and it looks an intimidating building. Then a few of us ate our last meal together at a nice little cafe I had visited before and then after that I picked up my bags went to the bus station and got on my way back to the desert.
Back here it was quiet for a day but now one of Uri’s friends Michal has to join us and volunteer so it feels not as empty. Today we almost finished the fence and will soon which will be very nice even though I don’t mind that work. The washing machine is in place and I think tomorrow it will get its first run. It will be nice to not have to have them do our laundry and give it back. Well I have one more month here and I hope to keep up better so i don’t have to cut short some of the information. A few of my friends might come visit which would be great but for now good night and Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment