Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tzav Rishon and Stuff

            Well I'm long overdue on updating my blog so I apologize for that. Lots of things have happened since I last wrote. The first thing to say is that I met my host family for the first time right after my last blog. They are an amazing family. The parents are Rotem and Yankele, the kids are Shahar and Lior. One of the girls in my group's host family is related to mine and they eat together on shabbat so that made it easier to be with someone I know the first time. This is how it went down. All the host families came over to our building and we had a pot luck style shabbat dinner. Then I went over to their house we picked up some wine then drove over their relatives house (with the girl from my group) and drank wine and ate cake it was all in all a nice first meeting.
            The next week were were at Gadna גדנ''ע its a five day army experience that lots of israeli high school students go through. We were on a base in Sde Boker and it was really hot so we didnt do too much exercise type stuff but we had lots of discipline stuff and such. We also had lessons about the M16 and went to the shooting range and got to shoot. There isn't much else to talk about it was just a long week.
           Lots of people went and spent time with family and friends the weekend after Gadna because we had a free weekend. Only about 5 of us stayed on the kibbutz. I was invited to my host family's for shabbat dinner so I spent like 5 hours over there on friday night. The father really likes to cook and we had an awesome meal and desert. The grandparents also come and they are also fun to be around.
          When its been so long between posts I forget what things have actually happened so I'm sorry if I missed some things. Tomorrow i will get the sim card for my phone and I will finally have a real phone to use which is sweet, and also a lady from the absorption office is coming and i can give her my bank paper so they can start my sal klita payments which will aslo be awesome. Tomorrow I also have to go to the eye doctor which leads me to talk about today because I had my tzav rishon.
          The tzav rishon is the first call to the army before you enlist. Its nice that we live close to Tiberias and didn't have a long trip to get to the army office. We arrived and after waiting for about 15 minutes I was the first of the guys in my group to get called. First I had אימון נתונים which is where the just talk to you and check all the information they have about you is correct and also the do a short hebrew exam in order to check your hebrew and decide whether or not you will take the computer exam in english or hebrew. After that I went upstairs and was called right away for a urine test. Then not too long after that I went and waited outside before they filled out some paper work in front of me about being a lone soldier and asked me if they had any questions. Then I went back upstairs and had my check with the doctor. Everyone jokes about the russian doctors at tzav rishon but its true haha. All is good but i didn't receive my profile number (which determines whether or not you are healthy enough to serve in elite units or just combat or whatever) a 97 is the highest. He said because my eyes are worse then -4 I need a fondus test on my eyes otherwise all is good. So Danielle already has an appointment set up for tomorrow which is nice.
          There is probably some stuff I am missing but thats good for now and i hope to update more often with more pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Love the posts and yes, some photos would be nice! I think we all would like to see some more pictures with YOU in them :-) Keep us posted on your scores!

    ReplyDelete